Equine-assisted Psychotherapy is an alternative option to traditional in-office counseling.
It has a number of benefits:
- It is interactive and in real-time.
- It engages the participant mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually.
- E-a-P enhances the development of empathy, trust and respect for others.
- Behavioral patterns and relational dynamics become evident and can be addressed during therapy.
- It often exposes underlying issues more quickly-- "actions speak louder than words."
- Horses give immediate, honest feedback.